Friday, September 13, 2019

A bump

Everything has gone so smoothly with my treatment so far, but now there's a little bump in the road. It's a very little one; I think I'm just disproportionately upset by it. 

I had a cold, and it has turned into bronchitis and a sinus infection. When we wrote to my doctor in Kyiv yesterday to find out if I could come on Monday as planned, mostly well but still coughing some, she said that I needed to see a doctor here right away before she could say yes or no. So, we did that this morning. The doctor here was very nice. She looked at x-rays of my head and chest, and decided that I should get well first here, then go to Kyiv. Boo. I'm supposed to take several medicines and drink warmed Georgian mineral water. I'm really not terribly sick, but she said that with my immune system fighting this, it would be better not to add more immunotherapy on top, which makes sense.

So, we've rescheduled Kyiv for September 23. I'm really grumpy about that, since it means I'll be traveling back on Asya's birthday. (It was so perfect to have Keytruda #6 scheduled right between Jaan and Asya's birthdays, the way we had it before.) I still have to switch out my train tickets, and that's probably not going to be easy. Please pray that I'll get well soon and that all this will work out well.


(P.S. I got decent new tickets.)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm sorry. Also praying that the symptoms clear completely and speedily. If there were a way to send chicken soup via the internet, I would do that too. Much love.

Baba Julie said...

I'm sorry to hear this. I do pray that you'll get over this quickly and we continue to pray that God, using the Keytruda, will heal you completely!! (Asya will be happy to have an "extended" birthday, as well, I feel sure! (: ) Love to you and each one!