Monday, September 30, 2019

Thanksgiving Fest

I am slowly getting less itchy. After the IVs there was a nice jump in comfort level, and then the rest of the week has been slow progress. I was happy to switch from shots to oral medicine a few days ago. Most of the spots are finally gone, and pretty much only my hands still really itch badly.

Saturday I went to the Thanksgiving Fest put on by the churches here. It was so good to get out and see so many people. We hadn't been planning on it, because I'm really avoiding crowds and germs, but I just couldn't stay home. I wore a mask in the bus, and then sat on the edge at the park and felt happy and thankful. We even saw the doctor who had prescribed the antibiotics there.

Jaan ran a game where kids crawled through a spider web. His friends were nearby with a box labyrinth that Bogdan really liked. Raia came with the Americans she had been translating for all week. Asya went to the park with us, and we brought one of her friends along, and then she disappeared with a whole group of friends for the rest of the time, so I didn't get even one photo of her.








Also my flowers at home are still really flourishing:


We've set my next appointment in Kyiv for Friday, so please pray that all the itchiness will go away and that I can stay well and go!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you for posting. As we continue to pray, we have definitely wondered how you are doing.

I am very thankful you were able to go and enjoy the event from the edges...and to see that your flowers remain to provide beauty that feeds your soul.

We love you dearly.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. It looks like it was fun day for everyone. The box labyrinth looks like fun, as does the spider web. I'm glad you could enjoy from afar and stay away from those germs. I too have some late flowers bringing me joy as the temperatures start to get close to freezing. I am so hopeful that you are able to get your treatment this week and continue on the positive track that has been started. Love you!