Saturday, September 21, 2019

This week, next week

The first photos are from art school this week. The elderberry is from our long nature walk Tuesday morning; it's almost ripe.




His butterfly is carnivorous; I doubt that the girls' are.

We have definitely learned how important it is for me not to get sick and what a miracle it was that I went so long without picking anything up from the children! This cold and complications from it have hung around for almost three weeks now. I am still not well enough to travel, but my doctor in Kyiv wanted to see current blood work, so we had that done yesterday and sent it to her. It all looked good. Other than bronchitis, a sinus infection, and cancer, I'm really healthy. Tonight Will and I are going to go out to dinner, "just because." I needed something fun to look forward to. Plus, we never really celebrated my good results almost a month ago. Next week I won't be going to Kyiv, and I'll get to be here for Asya's birthday. Please pray that I'll get well, though.

Also, please pray for Raia next week. There is a group coming from our church's sister church in America. They're foster parents, and they're coming to let the foster parents at the church here go on a vacation. Each American is going to have a personal translator, and Raia has been asked to be one of them! She'll be on duty all day, every day for a week. Pray for health, stamina, and language skills.

3 comments:

Baba Julie said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're still sick! But, happy that the blood work was done for your doctor and that you got to go out for a special dinner!! So proud of Raia and thrilled that she has such opportunities!! We will be praying for her and you all!! Love y'all!!

Mom said...

Ditto Julie. Adding love.

Thomas Burton said...

Hi Phyllis, this is your Uncle Tom. I know that we don't correspond much but I have been watching your struggles with cancer and I, Norma, Leslie and Tab have been thinking of you.

One sentence above in this last posting caught my attention: "Other than bronchitis, a sinus infection, and cancer, I'm really healthy." I hope you don't think me crass, but it brought a smile to my face. Of course it could be interpreted two different ways--either deep thankfulness or a morbid sense of humor. Either can be a healthy response to your condition, but given my twisted view of the world I like the latter.

Your continued optimism and fight to live a life as "normal" as possible is inspiring.

Tom.