Thursday, November 07, 2019

Catching up (health update)


I have a lot to write about, but I think the most important parts are

  • parents' visit
  • The Cushions
  • health update.
I'll start with the last, because it's the easiest. I don't need to round up photos or links or explanations to go with it.

Almost two weeks ago I had Keytruda #7 in Kyiv. It all went well. My friend Anne sat with me, and we enjoyed a good lunch together afterwards. The doctor explained more of why they were so worried about my stomach troubles and weight loss. That could be signs of colitis, an autoimmune response in my colon, which would be very serious and would stop treatment. Keytruda is supposed to activate the immune system against cancer, but it can go overboard and start attacking the body. However, now they don't think that's my problem. Mine seems to be milder, probably just from antibiotics and other stress on my system. It is finally starting to get better now, so maybe I'll be able to gain some weight back, too. Although, now that they've seen how I handle treatment while underweight, they're not nearly so worried. Also, my blood work all looked good, which makes the doctor think there wasn't anything too serious going on. Even without the allergy medicine again, I haven't had any reaction.

Next time will be November 15. Asya wants to go with me. Then the time after that (early December) they'll do another scan, so Will and I will probably make that trip together.


I'll write about my parents' visit (they're home safely now) and the adventures of the cushions whenever I find time.

2 comments:

Lindy Johnson said...

Way to leave us wanting more! So glad to hear you are handling the treatments well. Thankful you had time with the parents too. Can’t wait to learn about the cushions! Hugs to all.

Mom said...

Overall very good news; thank you for updating all of us. WE certainly enjoyed our time with you. Much love to all.