Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Everyday life

So, now it seems like the first week after Keytruda my stomach is upset, and then it settles down. When I said "trying to eat even better" in my last update, I didn't mention that it's kind of hard to eat better than I do, because I already eat like a walking health food store. But, I'm trying, and my stomach is handling it better again already.

Jaan has a cold. Pray that he won't pass it on. He had to call in sick instead of making coffee at church today.

We're busy with music school. Asya played at a festival last week. She had an exam today, and I haven't seen her yet to know how that went. Bogdan has his first ever performance tomorrow; as far as he has caught on, it's a concert, but really it's a contest. Raia will be competing, too. Sunday Asya will be in a big televised orchestra concert.


Jaan and Raia are going to a youth conference Friday-Saturday.

After the conference we'll meet them at our friends' house for Thanksgiving.

I have had some times of anxiety about my next scan in Kyiv. Please pray for me. Overall, my whole experience from diagnosis on has been joy, so feeling worried has been an unpleasant surprise. If the first four treatments made everything 50% better, maybe the second four could finish it all off? I just don't see the signs of that, though. So, my prayer is "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief." And you can pray with me.

I've been wanting us to try acrylic painting, ever since Will gave me a new paint set way back on my birthday. We finally got around to it with this video. Fun! One painting is still unfinished, but it's going to be as beautiful as the others when it's done, too.




Most mornings we let Cinnamon out to run around. Then, right at 9:00 she automatically goes back to her cage to lie down while we start school. A few mornings ago she came to join us in our studies, though. Feet lined up on the couch and her in the front row:



(Asya just called. Her exam has been postponed until Saturday.)

Remember the physical therapy for kids from the orphanage? After a break for the summer that's still going strong, thanks to generous sponsors. We had a little bump in the road yesterday, though. Because Ukraine now has car seat laws, the orphanage isn't going to transport kids without them anymore. So, my friend the therapist called me yesterday to find out if she had to cancel today, or if I had any ideas. With lots of phone calls, and some digging by Will, we got car seats, so therapy goes on.

I know I had other things to write about, but I need to send a cute little neighbour back to his side of the house and take a cute little son to music school....

5 comments:

Lindy Johnson said...

Thank you for the update! I love catching up on all the adventures of your family. You motivate me to get my paints out (that Bruce gave me a couple of years ago). I’m grateful for your progress so far and sure there will be progress to report after your upcoming scans. We have Will’s rabbit (George) spending time with us while Will transitions to a new apt. A very easy pet to care for. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with friends. Love you all.

daisy said...

I love Asya's dress ❤ continuing to pray. May our Lord continually encourage you and relieve you of your worry and replace it with his perfect peace. Love the school picture :) all the toes ❤ from Desirae

Mom said...

Thank you for sharing your heart with us. We love you, and we keep praying. (The paintings are lovely.)


Anonymous said...

Hi Phyllis, sad to read of your diagnosis, happy you are receiving good treatment, please consider looking at 'Any way you can' by Dr Annette Bosworth and research the Keto diet for cancer recovery. You could also look up- meat heals, LCHF, bone broths for optimal nutritional support. Having absolutely no sugar including fructose and minimal carbohydrates that turn into sugars would give your body a fighting chance as sugars are all cancer's primary food. Hoping for your complete recovery blessings Grace

Baba Julie said...

So glad to see this update! We are praying for no nausea, weight gain and a wonderful scan upon your next trip. We are also praying for the "peace that passes all understanding to guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus"! We love you!