Friday, December 11, 2015

Our boys

A family in the missionary community here does an annual girls sleepover. Their little guy was starting to say that he wanted to do the same thing for boys... but none of the little boys are quite ready for a whole night away from their parents. So, they had a little boys day. It was fun to see Bogdan go off happily to spend time with them all by himself. He had a wonderful time!

Bogdan and his Canadian and American friends
Jaan's pet rat is quite sick.  Can you please pray for her and us? (I know that might seem like a minor thing, but God cares.) Jaan really loves his Bella, and we don't want to lose her. We have gotten vitamins and antibiotics for her, but we're really not seeing much improvement yet. She just wants to lie around and sleep, snuggled up to him.



This made me laugh. After I got Bogdan out of the bath and wrapped him up in his towel, he asked me to hold him, "Like this. Wait, I'll draw it for you... how I want you to hold me:"

Perfectly clear, isn't it? (No!)

I'll let you hear from our girls tomorrow....

3 comments:

Mom said...

The beauty of boys is well captured in this post. (And I have been praying for Bella--I must admit it is the first time I have ever prayed for a rat.) Looking forward to reading about the girls and loving you from afar....

Baba Julie said...

Thank you for the sweet update. So glad that Bogdan got to do a "boys' day out"! I know he had a big time!

And, we're so sorry to hear that Bella is sick. It's hard to know what to do for them, too. We are praying! Our love to each of you!!

Дома с мамой said...

so sweet! made me smile!