Thursday, July 21, 2005

A smile!

Yesterday Raia smiled at me for the first time! I was beginning to wonder when she would do that. She really loves to interact with faces, but up until now there hadn’t been any smiles. Yesterday I was talking to her, and she turned up one corner of her mouth. . . then the other. Then a smile!

Also, I keep forgetting to mention that we weighed her to get an "official" 1 month weight. Our scale is really inaccurate, but it said that she weighed about 5.4 kgs. That's almost 12 lbs!

I won't go on any longer now, because I'm typing this with one hand, while standing and bouncing a fussy baby. Maybe I'll post a little more later, so as not to completely leave out Big Brother Jaan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember how those smiles make every expenditure of time and energy seem more than worthwhile. Soon she will be laughing: a preview of the music of heaven.

Love--Mom